AlphEpMu dataset and Stylistic Similarities in Greek Papyri based on Letter Shapes
This page contains material used for the paper entitled "Stylistic Similarities in Greek Papyri based on Letter Shapes: A Deep Learning approach" published in the 2nd Int. Workshop of Computational Paleography (ICDAR 2023), see article here.
- the AlphEpMu dataset composed of small images of individual letters or "cliplets" divided into three subsets (alphas, epsilons and mus).
- Description of AlphEpMu in csv.
- Appendix A describing the AlphEpMu*, a dataset that was used in the experiments described in the article
- Appendix B describing AlphEpMu-72, a subset of 72 papyri selected for style comparison (with metadata on date, provenance, etc) and its cliplet counts
- Similarity scores obtained on AlphEpMu-72 of the three letter categories separately and merged
- Code on Github
- other resources (heatmaps of similarity scores per letter category, vizualization tool for clusers)
Manuscripts are refered to by their Trismegistos number (https://www.trismegistos.org/tm/)
Images are visible on PalEx but note that some tags reguarding the preservation state (bt 1, 2 etc) may have changed since the AlphEpMu dataset has been extracted.